Dear Companion Care Family:
With ongoing concerns over the Coronavirus (COVID-19), we want to share information about the Coronavirus under the guidance of the Centers for Disease Control (CDC). We understand that some of you may have questions about care workers travelling internationally or taking public transportation. Health organizations identify international travelers who may have been exposed to the Coronavirus. If health officials have not placed someone under quarantine, they are allowed to work.
What CCP is currently doing
We are actively monitoring this situation through national and internationally sources including the CDC and the World Health Organization.
- We are requiring any worker who experiences flu like systems which include:
- Fever greater than 100 degrees
- General Malaise or feelings of fatigue, discomfort, weakness or muscle aches
- Frequent congested (wet) or croupy cough to report the symptoms to HR immediately and seek medical attention. Care givers are removed from schedule and can only return to work with medical clearance.
- To help prevent the spread of each disease Companion Care Partners are imposing these mandatory criteria:
- Wash hands after each person to persons encounter with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Do not touch eyes, nose or mouth
- Cover mouth and nose when sneezing or coughing with your elbow, use a paper tissue, throw it away and wash your hands.
- Avoid close continue with people who are sick.
- Wearing N95 mask when in clients homes (if available in your service area)